4 years out of skiing is a long time, and with two robotic knees the idea of putting them through the rigors of skiing doesn’t sound like a very prudent thing to do. Well since I’m here to tell you about it, means that at least I survived the ordeal. In actuality, it has by far probably been one of my best ski trips...and not because of the scenery, variety of slopes, or even the ski conditions, but it had to do more with the company. Not that I’ve never skied with Nguyen before, but this was the first time that it was just her and me. We even spent 3 hours of shopping together without me become exasperated...long story...note to self: book airfare that is right around the time availability of your lodging. Though we didn’t ski much together, because I’m a glutton for fast and reckless, and she errs more on the cautious, we still had many moments of thankfulness for each other. As expected I over exerted myself on the first day of skiing, so even though on vacation Nguyen was left to prepare dinner on her own as she does normally, yes I know I’m a horrible husband, yet it was different. As I laid there unconscious on the couch, she found joy in the peaceful scenery of a lazy husband back-dropped by a setting sun over snow-capped mountains. Instead of being bitter at my slothfulness, she share her thankfulness for the blessing of our relationship...how did she find that, I don’t know, but I thank God for giving me a partner I know I don’t deserve. Now, if I could only become that partner...I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
Other takeaway:
Believe it or not, they had a sermon on Sunday on the mountain, so you can find God’s word in the middle of God’s creation. I guess I broke my streak of missing Sunday worship. =)
Other takeaway:
Believe it or not, they had a sermon on Sunday on the mountain, so you can find God’s word in the middle of God’s creation. I guess I broke my streak of missing Sunday worship. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment